to Contemporary Indian Art
PORT TO CONTEMPORARY INDIAN ART
September 7-14, 2004
Opening Night September 15, 2004 6-9 p.m.
Exhibition open to public September 16-30,
2004 11 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Curator: Sundaram Tagore
September 7-30, 2004
GALLERY, 134WEST 29TH ST, 3RD FLOOR,
NEW YORK CITY.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The Indo-American Arts Council is currently
accepting submissions to the IAAC's "Passport to Contemporary Indian
Art" in September 2004.
Contemporary Indian artists in the diaspora
are encouraged to submit their portfolios of
painting, sculpture, photography, digital art, installation art.
- artists bio & statement
- slides and/or prints of work
- description of each work, size, and medium
- self-addressed, stamped envelope for return of
material (if requested by artist)
- permission to print accepted work in exhibition catalogue
- artist must deliver and pick up artwork to and
from the gallery
- artist must have external insurance. (The
gallery is insured but artwork is not insured enroute to and from the
- artist must try and be present for the
- artist must have approximately 12 images ready for the show
- There will be a printed
catalogue for this exhibition
- Submissions will be chosen by an Independent
Tagore, Sundaram Tagore Gallery will curate the accepted artwork for
- Due to space restrictions, there will be a
limited number of artworks exhibited
- Artwork not chosen for this show will be kept for exhibition at
a later date
Please note: all submissions must
be recieved in hard copy. No email submissions will be considered.
Please send all submissions to:
Aroon Shivdasani, Executive