ERASING BORDERS FESTIVAL OF INDIAN DANCE
in collaboration with
Battery Dance Festival & PACE University
August 13 – 15, 2017
Schimmel Auditorium & Wagner Park, NYC
|Dances & Choreographers Apply Now to Present Your Work at the 2017 Festival
|The Indo-American Arts Council (IAAC) invites applications from dancers, dance companies and choreographers across the world to present works of the highest standards of quality and artistic excellence sharing movement, heritage and inspiration from the Indian subcontinent.
|Deadline for applications: March 15, 2017
Sunday August 13th: 11 am - 4 pm EB Dance Festival Workshops, 140 William Street Studio, Pace University, NYC
Monday August 14th:: 7-9 pm EB Dance Festival Performances, Michael Schimmel Center for the Arts, 1 Pace Plaze, Pace University, NYC
August 15, 2017: Erasing Borders Festival of Indian Dance Outdoor Performances
Wagner Park, NYC
We are looking for:
- Exciting new works within the traditional Indian vocabulary OR creating a new vocabulary beyond the traditions of Indian dance-theater
- Professional works of 8-13 minutes duration (you can submit multiple works for us to consider)
- Both International and National works
HOW TO SUBMIT:
- Completed Application Form, which will include a place for you to send us a link to the performance piece you want to showcase at the festival. Applicants need to submit the entire video recording of the proposed works (not excerpts or sampling of past works)
- Only professional level performances will be considered for the festival.
- Non-refundable application fee of $20.
We are only taking in digital applications this year.
- First, review the Curatorial Guidelines we have compiled. These guidelines will help you submit a strong application which catches the eye and interest of our curators.
- Next, complete your application form. Bear in mind that you will not be able to save your application and come back to it later. So, it is recommended that you first draft your answers in a separate document, and then enter them on this online form in one sitting.
- Pay your $20 application fee through PayPal (using any credit card) Click here >>
- If you have any questions, check the Frequently Asked Question (FAQ). We keep updating this FAQ as new questions are received. If the FAQ does not address your questions, you can email us via this Inquiry form. Please note that we will only respond to questions that have not been addressed in the FAQ, so make sure to check the FAQ first!
- New policy due to unforeseen circumstances: Invited dancers are requested to organize their own visas and airfares to the Erasing Borders Festival of Indian Dance 2017.